Thursday, October 2, 2008

TWD: Creme Brulee


Cold custard + Crackly sugar crust + chunks of milk chocolate. Oooh, creme brulee must be one of my favorite desserts. Of course, I have about 50 other "favorites" but this one is good. I borrowed the blowtorch, used the heart shaped creme brulee dishes from the Target Dollar section 2006 (?) 2007(?). I baked these for well more than an hour, but appreciated the absence of the water bath. White sugar torches better than brown. Yum!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Chocolate creme brulee sounds delish!

Marthe said...

Yum, milk chocolate!! I'll be using that and cinnamon the next time I'm making crème brûlée. This time I used star anise and white chocolate.

Jules Someone said...

MMMmmmm. Sounds yummy! Dark chocolate next time!

Anonymous said...

I think the definition of my favorite dessert is anything that is sitting in front of me! :P But I do love creme brulee. Yum!