After baking time #2, the cake wasn't going to budge from the pan. After cutting it into squares, I need to make that excruciating decision. Is there enough of this that's salvageable to take to the pot-luck, or am I starting from scratch (and therefore giving up the trip to the gym, which I need to offset earlier tastes of gingerbread).
I decided that I could serve small edge squares of gingerbread. So I cut them out. I had to turn them on their sides because of the small size and the curvature of the (7x7) pan. I drizzled them with the truly excellent frosting.
Leftover bites, I found tasted just grand with the "schmear" of chocolate frosting.


11 comments:
Ugh. I now measure each pan before I bake. Even if I've measured it before. Glad it (mostly) worked out!
Mine was an 8x8 pan and would have overflowed. Bummer that it didn't turn out how you hoped! The little square with the shmear of chocolate looks tasty though!
deeeeeeeelicious!
Oh, wow. That's perseverance! I'm glad it all turned out tastewise.
Good for you for rescuing what you could!
Love the drizzle of frosting! It looks wonderful!
Glad it worked out in the end...I would have hated for you to have missed out on that icing.
The exact same thing happened to me with the gooey center despite a clean toothpick! My pan was 8x8 and luckily I'd read P&Q and used the extra batter in a few ramekins and those baked up nicely.
I don't know, that last picture looks pretty tasty to me!
glad it all worked out in the end. we loved this gingerbread, it was truly delicious.
Mine was 8 x 8 and it worked out just fine. Sorry yours didn't turn out. IT was good tho.
Post a Comment