Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TWD:Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream


I'm often hesitant of ice cream recipes. The 5 to 7 egg yolks often included are just too rich for me. This one, which I made for the second time this week, has no eggs. The creamy texture and tang from the sour cream are reminiscent of cheesecake.

While in the mountains, I made some blueberry lime jam. The opening steps of this recipe made me wonder whether I could add a bit of jam to the dairy and blend away. I'm also debating other flavoring options -- fruits? chocolate? I'm going to play with this one a bit in the future.

It's a keeper!

6 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Glad you liked it, and that blueberry lime jam sounds fantastic - maybe swirl it in next time?

Jules Someone said...

So glad you enjoyed it!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

So glad you enjoyed it!

Pamela said...

Looks nice and creamy. Have fun with your variations.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Made it twice? You must have really liked it! I love the fresh berries there in the bowl with the ice cream. Have fun experimenting!

Prudy said...

That jam sounds like a fun way to go!