8:12am: J., K., and I leave the house to take J. to new school for first day. After playing "Christmas-season-at-the-mall-parking-garage", taking requisite photos, and being subtly evil-eyed away by a too-cool 4th grader, K. and I head home.
8:34am: K. and I pull into the driveway just in time to see the school bus take her neighborhood friends to the first day of kindergarten. Miss Preschool has, of course, another 2 weeks of summer break.
8:35am: Tears roll down the face of Miss. Preschool as she thinks about a day where "school is fun and home is sooooo boring."
8:36am: Mom replies, "let's go make cookies!" K,. "that sounds great." Tears stop.
3:30pm: Everyone's eaten the cookies and we've even delivered a plate to the neighbors. Still more dough in the fridge.
I don't eat peanut butter, so at least this one's good for me. While the school calendar says fall, I'm still thinking summer. I've got a bushel of tomatoes on the counter waiting to transform into sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad everyone enjoyed them!
Others seem to just be enjoying the dough. That could be the thing for you!
Awww, that is too cute about 'miss preschool"! My son would watch his sister get on the bus each morning and give me that same look. He is so happy to be Mr. Preschool this year, and loves every minute!
Post a Comment