Old wives tale or not, I was told that one's taste's change every seven years. Since I celebrated my 35th birthday this week, perhaps that explains why I enjoyed this cookie so much. I've only recently acquired a taste for nuts -- of any kind. Peanuts still aren't my thing, but otherwise, I'm game. My chocolate chunkers contained some toasted walnuts that I found in the freezer. Raisins, well they haven't been my thing for years either. It took Dorie's French Chocolate Brownies to sell me on the raisin/chocolate combination.
I did a double take in reading this recipe. Did it really contain only 3 tablespoons of butter? Was that a typo? 3 tablespoons + cocoa powder+7 oz. chocolate+1 cup semisweet chips+1 cup milk chocolate chips. I guess the cocoa butter makes up for the lack of regular butter... I would have liked to add the dried apricots to this recipe, but couldn't find them at Meijer.
Thanks to Claudia of Fool for Food for selecting this week's recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog, and check out Tuesdays with Dorie for those who made the apricot variation
I did a double take in reading this recipe. Did it really contain only 3 tablespoons of butter? Was that a typo? 3 tablespoons + cocoa powder+7 oz. chocolate+1 cup semisweet chips+1 cup milk chocolate chips. I guess the cocoa butter makes up for the lack of regular butter... I would have liked to add the dried apricots to this recipe, but couldn't find them at Meijer.
Thanks to Claudia of Fool for Food for selecting this week's recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog, and check out Tuesdays with Dorie for those who made the apricot variation

4 comments:
I never heard that story about tastes changing every 7 years, but now that I think about it, when I was 28 there was a very dramatic shift, I wanted the strongest mustard, the darkest coffee, etc. I thought it was because I'd just given birth or something. Maybe both. Happy belated birthday!
I wonder what my tastes will change to - I eat just about anything now! I'm glad you liked these!
Uh oh, I'm almost at 41. I'm a little nervous....
These chocolate chunkers look delicious!
Cherie
*Weekly Giveaways on my blog!
http://www.craftyjuicebroker.wordpress.com
*Sale in my Etsy Store!
http://www.craftyjuicebroker.etsy.com
Post a Comment