
I laughed when I first contemplated this recipe a few weeks ago. Not to be mean, as I know that many of the TWD bakers live in warmer climes, but hey, here in Michigan, peaches are far, far, away. Farther in fact, than our most recent snow day, which happened in late April. In fact, some might argue that really good peaches just aren't a Michigan thing. Not like cherries, or blueberries, or even the strawberries that are just now hitting the farmers' market. It seemed impossible to contemplate a summery peach ice cream when the weather was 60 degrees, and we've been eating green garlic, green onions, and green greens, with nary a fresh local fruit in sight.
I didn't even think about using a grocery store peach. Instead, I emptied a bag of frozen peach slices into the saucepan, added the honey and began cooking. In the end, the 3 egg yolk custard had just the right amount of creaminess and richness to balance the fruit.
For 5 minutes, it was late August, no matter what the calendar said. I loved every bite.
3 comments:
I'm glad it was a success for you in spite of the season! It looks great.
It looks like the frozen peaches worked! It looks great!
Your Honey Peach Ice Cream looks delicious! It looks tempting since it's a picture of a spoonful of ice cream! =) Glad it was late August for you!!
Post a Comment