Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baked eggs

Oh Mark,
On a lark I followed you on twitter. And yesterday afternoon, your post simply titled the recipe baked eggs with prosciutto and tomato. And really, tomato in December? I don't think so. But I was in Morgan and York, so I picked up a few heavenly slices of prosciutto di parma and brought them home. Now, I'm dreaming of eggs with cream.
I took my prosciutto and lined the bottom of my bowls with it. Tossed in some locavorious asparagus pieces, a splash of cream, and some salt and pepper. On top, I cracked an egg and set the bowls in a 400 degree oven.
The creaminess, the saltiness, the eggyness. I thought about making another one for breakfast this morning. I'll probably make one for lunch.
First Orangette convinced me that Lima beans (which I love) taste better simmered in heavy cream. She's right. And now, I'm baking my eggs with it too.

No comments: