Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Here it was, my lone attempt to celebrate a Hallmark holiday. I made Sunday morning pancakes in the shape of hearts. While I really love light, buttery pancakes, made with egg whites whipped tall, I've been making these recently. They take only one bowl and there's something about that cottage cheese that makes me feel a bit less guilty for passing over the bowl of low fat, high fiber cardboard pieces. The recipe came from my cousin Jen, who served them with delicious Oregon blackberry jam, instead of Michigan maple syrup.

2 c cottage cheese
4 eggs
4 tbsp melted butter, cooled
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
Whip cottage cheese in mixer to break up curds, add eggs and butter, and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine. Cook on griddle heated to medium high.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: