Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TWD: Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes


According to Dorie, these should be milk chocolate, mini bundt cakes. But honestly, milk chocolate is fine, unless dark chocolate is available. So I made these with 70% dark chocolate, in a bite size bundt pan (thanks, lastbite!). Half of my batch had a cinnamon walnut swirl, the other half an orange ginger one. Neither one was a swirl, so much as a flavoring. Like many other TWD bakers, I struggled with the consistency of the glaze, and ended up adding a tbsp of butter and almost 1/2 cup heated skim milk to the chocolate and corn syrup. This ganache-like glaze worked looked best when I dipped the cake directly into the pan.

While you're at it, add some Whole Foods ginger gelato to each bite.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

Oooh I wish I had added some orange zest to mine! Thanks for baking with me this week!