I'll call this a looks terrible, tastes great experience. I used Dorie's crust recipe, which my husband really enjoyed last time I made it. After a partial bake, my crust, which had more than covered the edege of the pie pan had shrunk down well below the lip. I added my fillings, expecting them to rest in layers, (similar to the chocolate pudding cake, where you pour the hot water on top of the brownie base and it forms a pudding on the bottom). The layers tended to blend together-- leaving me with an almost mocha colored pie filling.
But it did taste good... slightly crunchy pecans, without the cloyingly sweet filling that often marks pecan pie. And the fabulous pumpkin custard was as good as always.
But it did taste good... slightly crunchy pecans, without the cloyingly sweet filling that often marks pecan pie. And the fabulous pumpkin custard was as good as always.

2 comments:
Thank you Whtiney, for participating with me this week! I'm glad the looks were contradictory! ...and that you liked it!
I had the same shrinkage problem but yours looks pretty good! This pie did taste great!
Post a Comment