Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TWD: Lemon Egg Cups


So bright and sunny yellow. Creamy and eggy. A touch of almond extract. So...very left on the table only partly eaten.

I love eggy desserts (on our recent vacation they served flan, for breakfast!). But the face K. made when she took her first bite was priceless. Her nose wrinkled up and her mouth turned down.


I think our family will join many of the TWD bakers by leaving this recipe behind.

8 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

There were quite a few that left it behind. At least you tried it! :)

Lillian said...

So many people didn't like this one -- I'm glad I didn't make it. But yours looks pretty, anyway!

Jules Someone said...

I didn't even try it. Sorry it wasn't a hit.

G in Berlin said...

I loved it. But I chose to make vanilla. I like a lot of flavors in flan (especially ginger) but lemon isn't one.

Anonymous said...

Your custard looks great. Too bad you didn't like it.

Unknown said...

It wasn't my favorite either, but at least we tried!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Ohhh sorry you didn't like it! And the almond extract sounded like such a good idea!

TeaLady said...

Oh, well. Custard isn't for everyone. I like custard so it worked out for me. Looks pretty, tho'.