Sunday, March 1, 2009

R2R: Ricotta

I don't think that I will EVER EVER EVER buy grocery store ricotta again. If it weren't for Bon Appetit, who followed their homemade ricotta recipe with a feature on eggs, my winter cooking my have just continued to be a tribute to the roasted root vegetable. I like cheese. I really like cheese. I'm just waiting for a free Saturday afternoon so that I can take the fresh mozzarella class here in town.
This time, I used the R2R buttermilk ricotta recipe. Easy as pie, my cheese spent a day in the fridge before adorning my adaptation of carbonara (see, it's that cheese and egg combo again) with peas.
Thanks for the challenge!

4 comments:

Heather B said...

This was a great challenge! I don't think I can buy store bought ricotta anymore either now that I know how easy it is! Great job on your ricotta! The carbonara looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Looks great. I also made some mozzarella as a part of this challenge. If you enjoyed making this, you should definitely take the mozz class.
Sara/Imafoodblog.com

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make my own ricotta. It sounds like it is relatively easy to make. The mozzarella class sounds fun.

Temperance said...

I agree why buy when it is so easy to make and soo good. the carbonara looks pretty darn good too.