Wednesday, September 23, 2009

TWD: Cottage Cheese Pufflets

I had serious deja-vu when I bit into these. I'm convinced that one of my grandmother's used to mail order cookies like this. I can visualize the black and gold box, and taste the tangy cottage/cream cheese dough. When I asked my mom if she remembered such cookies, her response was "well I know that neither one of them would have BAKED them." They weren't the cookie baking kind of grandmothers.

Despite the stickiness of the dough, these cookies got such rave reviews that I'll be making them again. They're soft, puffy, not too sweet, and each one has a delicious bite of this year's blueberry-orange jam.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Glad you enjoyed them. The jam sounds amazing! These were not worth the effort at my house.

Jacque said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you liked them. They do look perfect!

Thanks for baking along this week :)