I've been reading the Blake Makes blog for quite a few weeks. About two weeks ago, readers were offered the chance to win a jar of McQuade's Fig 'N Ginger Chutney by submitting their intended use for it. Recently, I've been craving a bagel from my college days -- whole wheat, with melted brie cheese and raspberry jam. My suggestion was to swap the brie for goat cheese and use the chutney in place of the aforementioned jam.
I had the chance to try this after my chutney arrived in the mail the other day. I stopped by the local bagel shop, and popped into Zingerman's Deli in search of some fresh goat cheese. Just minutes later, I had my bagel. It was chewy, and creamy, and the balance of the goat cheese with the piquancy of the chutney was perfect. After half a bagel, I had another...

No comments:
Post a Comment