Monday, April 14, 2008
What's underfoot?
When we moved into this house in 2004, I was excited about the hardwood floor in the kitchen. What an upgrade from the linoleum in the last house! It took all of a week, after I spilled the bottle of infant vitamins on the floor, for me to begin cursing the floor. My hardwood kitchen floor has ridges between each board --big infant vitamin, flour dust, toast crumb fitting ridges. The aforementioned baby vitamins took weeks of scraping with a toothpick to finally disappear. Our family of four can make a lot fill those ridges, and the rare days where I decide to clean the floor at floor level rather than with a mop leave me strangely dissatisfied, since I feel as though the last Play-Doh bits are forever embedded under K's chair, eight ridges from the family room carpet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment