Tuesday, November 18, 2008

TWD: Yin and Yang


I can't claim that my rice pudding sculpting abilities are well honed. It also seems that after 4 years of cooking on my current stove, I don't really understand how to regulate it's heat. MY pudding, while tasty, took close to two hours to cook down. I'd turn the heat up to get a simmer, and lower it as it simmered to briskly. Each time I turned my back for a moment, the whole pot boiled over the stove. In the end, both flavors were delicious, although not worth the extended simmer and lengthy stove cleaning that followed!

4 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I hated when I had a stovetop that didn't regulate - no fun. Kudos on sticking it out though, yours looks delicious.

Jules Someone said...

Sorry it was so troublesome. At least it tasted good!

Anonymous said...

I think your rice pudding looks great!

Unknown said...

Wow, you're far more patient than me. Good work! It looks delicious.