Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TWD: Black and White Cheesecake


When it's Christmas dinner for 4, you know that one dessert will cover an entire week of special and not-so-special feasts. As cheesecakes go, this one was pretty darn good, especially with the lower levels of guilt provided by subbing reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream for the full flavored versions.

With only the 4 of us, though, half of the cheese cake is in the freezer for a later occasion. Dorie didn't mention this technique, so we'll see if it tastes better or worse than frozen wedding cake.

This chosen by Anne of Annestrawberry. Thanks for picking a winner

5 comments:

Christine said...

I think the cheesecake will be fine in the freezer. Yours looks delicious!

Jacque said...

MMMmmm, a black and white cheesecake sounds like the best of both worlds. Good idea!

I've frozen cheesecake many times. It turns out just fine.

Anonymous said...

Yep, mine's mostly in the freezer too. I hear on the vine that it's still fantastic later on.

Jules Someone said...

Lovely and delicious! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! Your cheesecake is beautiful!