Definitely volcanic islands. Maybe even tropical ones, with white sand beaches, gently blowing palm trees and fruity drinks. Yes, it's winter, and I'm completely thinking vacation.
I attempted to make these islands smooth, as Dorie instructed, but since that didn't work, I'll continue my daydream. With a touch of advance planning, this recipe came together easily. I added a cinnamon stick to the creme anglaise but otherwise stuck to the recipe.

If I'm back from my tropical daydream, I'd better go figure out how to clean the hardened caramel out of my saucepan.

9 comments:
Well, it looks lovely. And just run water in the caramel pot. It'll dissolve easily.
I love the idea of a cinnamon stick in the creme anglaise. Your islands came out looking lovely, and it's nice to think about the tropics in February!
I'm also dreaming about a tropical vacation in February! Great job on the dessert.
Cinnamon in the creme anglaise sounds yummy. I definitely need a warm sunny vacation.
I have a bit of hard caramel on my pan as well! nice work on the islands
The cinnamon was a nice addition! I did that as well! Did you like it?
I love your idea of steeping the milk with a cinnamon stick. I find just soaking the pot with water overnight does the trick! Thanks for baking along with me this week!
Like Shari, just run that Hot Hot water and its melts away like a humanoid on the beach. he he Great looking islands.
Cinnamon. Very creative. They look pretty.
Post a Comment