In 5th grade, we had our first experience with science fair. (I added yeast to bottles of apple juice, trying to determine if the amount of yeast impacted fermenting time and CO2 output. GEEK!) My classmates projects were a bit more "normal" -- along the lines of "which detergent produces the most suds?". I distinctly recall participating in Kelly's experiment, which tracked food color preferences. Using dyed cream-cheese and crackers, she learned that people generally don't care for purple food.
Do you know what? People still don't care for purple food, even in cookies. Even if it is purply-pink food, and the proposed eater is a 4 year old who LOVES all things purple and pink. I made these cookies, chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl with raspberry jam, and some minced crystallized ginger.
I'm feeling a bit love-lost on the cookies. Just two weeks ago, I had the ugly-but-loveable sugar cookies, and I've followed them up with the ugly-and-can't-get-anyone-to-eat-them-if-there-is-homemade-fudge-in-the-house cookies. Ugly cookies are ok when they're filled with chunks (like those granola ones), but here, not so much.
Do you know what? People still don't care for purple food, even in cookies. Even if it is purply-pink food, and the proposed eater is a 4 year old who LOVES all things purple and pink. I made these cookies, chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl with raspberry jam, and some minced crystallized ginger.
I'm feeling a bit love-lost on the cookies. Just two weeks ago, I had the ugly-but-loveable sugar cookies, and I've followed them up with the ugly-and-can't-get-anyone-to-eat-them-if-there-is-homemade-fudge-in-the-house cookies. Ugly cookies are ok when they're filled with chunks (like those granola ones), but here, not so much.

1 comment:
Yeah, these weren't the prettiest. Not her best recipe.
Post a Comment