Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TWD: Mixed Berry Cobbler

Yum! A. prefers crisp, but there is something about cobbler, with its less sweet crust that really appeals to me when we have loads of fresh berries.
I stuck to the recipe, combining blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and some frozen cherries from last year's 27 lb pick your own extravaganza.
One of my bites contained a distinct pepper taste, which I really liked and might increase next time.

7 comments:

ostwestwind said...

So nothing left on the table?

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Amy said...

I didn't try the pepper in mine. I have a hard time putting pepper on/in my dessert.

Jules Someone said...

Glad it worked out for you!

Rigby said...

27 pounds....that's a lot of berries!

Susie Homemaker said...

we did u-pick yesterdya and froze a bunch - but not 27 pounds! godd grief!!

Jaime said...

wow, that's a lot of berries! where are the pics??

Dolores said...

27 pounds of fruit?!? I want in on your pick your own extravaganza this year.