Tuesday, June 3, 2008

TWD: French Chocolate Brownies

Note to self... life is too hectic to bake one week, travel and generally attend to life in the middle, and then post the next. I barely remember this recipe. The highlights: it had chocolate, and raisins, and fire! It had fire twice in fact, since the first time I added the rum I cooked off too much before A. came running in with the long-sticked matches.


The environmentalist in me is always a bit perturbed when a recipe instructs me to line the pan with two sheets of foil. Is is really necessary? I didn't bother me this time, as these brownies folded right into their foil lining, into a ziploc bag and hit the road to share with friends in Cincinnati.


First bite: fine brownies. Day 2: moist, from the raisins and seemingly fudgier, which I prefer. YUM!

8 comments:

noskos said...

Weren't these good? Great job!

Gretchen Noelle said...

It is so so true that the days between cooking and baking and then posting seem to erase everything from our minds. Good job on these delicious brownies!

Engineer Baker said...

These were definitely better the next day.

Cecilia said...

I'm glad that you found time to make these brownies. Weren't they great? Definitely a must-bake recipe. Good job!

Amy said...

Oh, nice, two times flaming. I love playing with fire.

Susie Homemaker said...

So glad I dropped by your blog - great job! Looking forward to see your post next week!

Dolores said...

chocolate and raisins and fire... oh my! :) Great job on this week's assignment. I didn't even notice the double-foil instruction... I just used one sheet and that worked fine.

Jaime said...

great job!

did the recipe really say to line w/2 sheets of foil??? i must have missed that!