Thursday, July 10, 2008
bb: Jalepeno Cheddar Cornbread
On the menu tonight:
Crock pot Calypso Beans from Rancho Gordo. I made these with caramelized onions and served them with raw onion, sliced avocado and BBQ sauce on the side.
Watermelon Salad: greens and basil from Needle-lane, watermelon, feta, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Barefoot Contessa's cornbread
The beans were the highlight, the salad refreshing on a hot day, and the cornbread... well it was fine, rich cornbread. I halved the recipe to fill a 9x9 pan and added the kernels of one corn ear. The cornbread was better after cooling than before, certainly buttery and quick to make. I might turn to this recipe again when I feel compelled to make cornbread. For serving with Chili, however, I recommend Cooking Light's Sour Cream Cheddar and Green Onion Drop Biscuits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The Contessa's cornbread was OK, but I'm definitely going to try your Cooking Light recipe. Sounds like big flavor, without the two sticks of butter. ;)
Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com
Post a Comment