
Ah, to have a use for the cup or so of leftover rhubarb that I froze in May. Fruit desserts are great in the summer and this one was no exception. Break out the cherry pitter, the cuisinart and not too long later, there's cobbler in the oven. I added to crystallized ginger to my fruit mixture, as well as pressed one piece into the top of each "cobbler ball".
Overall, I'd prefer crisp, in part because I thought this was so odd looking when it came out of the oven. I had assumed that the balls of dough would sort of spread into each other, forming a loose crust. But they didn't... round cherries, round biscuits, square pan -- it didn't work for me aesthetically. I didn't even end up with a photo of the finished product.
Overall, I'd prefer crisp, in part because I thought this was so odd looking when it came out of the oven. I had assumed that the balls of dough would sort of spread into each other, forming a loose crust. But they didn't... round cherries, round biscuits, square pan -- it didn't work for me aesthetically. I didn't even end up with a photo of the finished product.

3 comments:
Sorry this one wasn't more aesthetically pleasing, but it sounds like it tasted good. I love the idea of a hunk of crystalized ginger in the topping.
Sure, but did it taste good? Mmmmm. It did!
Love the idea of crystallized ginger! You could always use a round pan next time, or little ramekins.
Post a Comment